Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Recovery Support | Kudos from Prison


We’ve been to prison! Yes, Friends has established a prison chapter at New Jersey State Prison that has been going strong for over 5 years. The prison chapter began as an advocacy for recovery meeting. The meeting then became a ‘circle’ of recovery support for inmates to gain and share information on topics of interests. This monthly gathering is now a chapter that is facilitated by the inmates. We are pleased to have received another correspondence from the prison. JMG

I thank the “Friends of Addiction Recovery” staff for the determination and dedication they have in showing the positive aspects of addiction recovery. All of your visits to the prison are very much appreciated. Friends has shared so much with me and I will pass on the information to my fellow prisoners, family and friends. I am sure they will attend future meetings and support your strengthening of communities.

I am still striving to stay sober and stress free. My case is still on appeal and I am awaiting a decision for a custody change to a long-term residential drug treatment program. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Please take care and give everyone my thanks for such great work.

Yours Truly,
Corey

No comments: